Wednesday, January 28, 2009

an exercise in exhibitionism and one-time massive micro-blogging

Slightly caving in to the Facebook trend of "25 Things About Me" (though I actually had been thinking of a post like this before that), here are a few nuggets...just because. There are actually a couple more than 25 things...but that's why I'm using my blog for this. ;-)

  • I am a child of the living God. The body of Christ is my family and the Kingdom of God is my home.
  • I am a sucker for insightful and clever song lyrics.
  • I am ridiculously attracted to scrawny men who wear Converse.
  • I am very aware that I misuse ellipsis in just about every written communication.
  • I am a hopeless romantic but fear that I am too pragmatic for love.
  • I love uber-intense, yet still realistic, movies and movies with superb character development.
  • I consider myself to be simultaneously an old soul and a late bloomer and am not necessarily convinced that those are not complementary.
  • Biggest phobias: public-speaking and throwing up. It is not uncommon that the second comes with the first.
  • My favorite time of day is getting ready in the morning (well, usually in the morning), making an absolute ruckus while I blast music loud enough to hear over the running water or my blow dryer. Unfortunately, to arrive at this moment I have to overcome the most torturous of daily tasks: getting out of bed.
  • I love to drive--especially in the fog or on a bright sunny day with the moon roof open and some great 80s music.
  • Learning to drive, however, was one of the worst things I have had to do.
  • It's insane how much I adore my niece. She has changed me.
  • I cannot study in public places. I'm too distracted watching people.
  • I HATE research.
  • I can be as much a Pollyanna as an Eeyore. I cherish my melancholy side as much as moments of pure joy.
  • My girlfriends are as essential to my life as my family.
  • I don't do superficial relationships. I take delight in getting to know people.
  • I am fascinated by and envy people who use language uniquely.
  • I don't cry. Well, at least I don't cry as much as most people do.
  • I am not an emotionally expressive person, though I feel things very deeply.
  • As I become I older I grow more conflicted and unsure of things I used to be very certain about.
  • I love listening to NPR.
  • Singing almost always makes me happy.
  • I don't crave chocolate during "that time of the month." I crave peanut butter.
  • I compare myself constantly to others. It is not a healthy exercise.
  • A part of me will always long to go back to Mexico.
  • I love people--especially when they are goofy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bek,

These last two posts could be your best yet. You make your papa proud. I must say that, as a young dad, I never anticipated that I would learn so much from my children.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel